THE PERFECT HOME-MADE GRANOLA à la Alex
Updated: Nov 24, 2020
WARNING: Finger-licking delicious and slightly addictive.
YOU WILL NEED
for 10 bars or one batch:
140 g rolled oats
110 g almonds (I use unsalted)
220 g dates
85 g agave (or honey or maple syrup)
40 g dark chocolate
2 to 4 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter
Optional: raisins, nuts and seeds, chocolate, etc..
1. Chop up your almonds roughly using a large knife
2. Put the dates in a blender until they turn into a paste. If you don’t have a processor, soak your dates in warm water and microwave them for 1-2 mins. Then you’ll squeeze them into the right consistency with your hands.
3. This is optional: spread your almonds and rolled oats on an oven tray with a baking sheet at 180 C for about 15 mins. The recipe works just fine without this step, it’s just a gourmet upgrade (you will love!).
4. Place your mixture of almonds, oats and dates in a bowl.
5. Mix the agave and peanut butter in a pan over low heat. Once it is getting runny, pour it over your oats/almonds/dates mixture, and then mix the whole thing with your hands (wait a few mins before mixing not to burn your hands).
6. Transfer the mixture into a deep dish and use a spatula or spoon to spread it equally and then press the it flat (I usually use a large oven dish, lined with a baking sheet).
7. Cover your dish and put it in the fridge 20-25 minutes.
8. Remove it from the fridge, chop it into granola bars or break it up into granola and fill a jar with it pretending you won't eat it all at once.